Monday, September 11, 2006

You're an explosion! You're Dynamite!

If there is one thing I really like, it's Vodka. I'm pretty sure Wes will back me up on that, right after he unloads a long rant about how I tried to kill him with it.

Being a fan of Vodka, I always keep a bottle of 100 Proof Stoli in the freezer. It's just about perfect as a cure-all for any craptacular day you might have, and it makes a hell of a pasta sauce...




Penne alla Vodka

1 T Butter
2-4 Cloves Garlic, smashed and chopped
1 Shallot, minced
1/2 C Vodka
1 C Prepared Pasta Sauce
1 T Herbs of Choice (I used both Oregano and Basil)
3/4 C Heavy Cream
2-3 T Grated Parmesan

Cooked Penne
Myzythra Cheese

Start by gently browning the butter in a medium size saute pan.
Add the Garlic and Shallot and saute quickly for a few moments, until soft and fragrant.
Add Vodka and cook until reduced by about half.
Add Pasta Sauce and stir until combined, add herbs.
Add Heavy Cream and cook until slightly thickened.
Add Parmesan cheese and cook a few minutes more, just until thickened.

Toss with Cooked Pasta and garnish with freshly grated Myzythra Cheese.

---

Traditionally, this dish is made with both Ham and Prosciutto. Now, I love a good slab of pork but in this instance, it's ALL about the Vodka. You don't want to kill that flavor, right?

Right.


vodkapastagroove:
Arctic Monkeys - I bet that you look good on the dancefloor
Paul Oakenfold - Faster Kill Pussycat
Johnny Cash - The Man comes around

---

And this is for Edwards. Oh, don't be so... shocked.

GASP! SHOCKING!

No comments: