Saturday, September 16, 2006

Those are people who died...

On August 15'th of 2006, Ray Lindstrom kicked the bucket.

Not a common household name, but one I'm thankful I know. You see, my man Ray was the creative force behind my favorite guilty pleasure: Cinnabon.

I love cinnamon rolls. My favorite of all the breakfast oriented pastries, a good cinnamon roll and a freakishly huge cup of coffee are my preferred way to start any given Saturday morning.

Since moving to Cincinnati, I have found three places to get exceptional cinnamon rolls all in close proximity to the apartment.

The first we found was Cinnabon. Name\brand recognition and always a sloppy gooey mess. Too bad they are priced so damned high.



Next came Bee's Donuts, located almost directly across from Jungle Jim's. Classic raised cinnamon roll with a perfect fondant coating. Very reasonable pricing too. Kerrie and I frequent Bee's more than any other bakery in Cincinnati.



Finally, and possibly the most impressive, comes from Graeters Ice Cream over there in Tri-County. Graeters has the "gourmet" cinnamon roll. Apparently, baking them in a muffin tin and covering them in streusel constitutes "gourmet". Hey I'm not complaining though, because these things are some bad muhfuhs...




Cinnabon
Tri-County Mall
11700 Princeton Pike
Cincinnati OH
45251

Bee's Donuts
5353 Dixie Hwy
Fairfield OH
45014

Graeters
11511 Princeton Road
Cincinnati OH
45246


cinnamonrollgroove:
Jim Carrol Band - People Who Died
Devo - Girl U Want (Tank Girl Version)
St. Germain - Sure Thing
A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It?

No comments: