Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I walk the line...



Okay, so Kerrie is finally on the mend and life can go back to normal. Kinda.

On Saturday, Kerrie, her parents, and I went into downtown Cincinasty to see the sights. After a few pictures at Fountain Square, we went to Tower Place Mall -which was pretty dead.



On Sunday, after going to church, I began thinking of my last cookie-related entry. I realized I wasn't as satisfied as I had originally thought. The major flaw with the last batch of cookies was that they dried out far to fast. I recalled that this was the same problem I had run into with the Urban Legend cookies. The one constant that stuck out in my rattled head was the ground oatmeal, and without serious scientific speculation I pegged that as the culprit.

So I looked around a little more. I checked out some of the more credible sources for recipes. After a few hours of reading and cobbling ideas together, I came to settle on what may very well be what I want in a "perfect" cookie.

As I said before, I don't like crispy and I don't like greasy. I like a chewy cookie. Soft, but not crumbly. This cookie, when kept in a ziplock bag, held up VERY nice over the course of the last three days. In addition to holding up nicely, this is a fuck-off easy recipe to knock out. Prep work AND time is light, making this a good recipe for the spontaneous among us. Can you dig it?

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Sticks Butter (1/2 Cup)
2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 t Kosher Salt
1 t Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
2 T Milk
1 1/2 t Vanilla
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Second Item of Choice (Walnuts, Peanuts, More Chocolate Chips, ect.)

Preheat over to 350F.
Melt Butter in microwave or over low heat on stove.
In a bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder. Set Aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and two sugars together. Add Egg, Egg Yolk, Milk and Vanilla until combined.
Gradually add flour mixture until well combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and secondary item.
Use small ice cream scoop to portion small cookies. Bake for 14 minutes.

---



For the secondary item, I used mini peanut butter cups. The beauty of this recipe is that just about anything complimentary to chocolate chips will work. Yes, I think this may very well be the cookie I've been looking for.

No comments: