Friday, October 17, 2008

HFS!



Today, Kerrie had her gallbladder removed. After months of pain, random worrying, and a doctor who recomended "managing" the problem, this is what they pulled out of my sweet little Kerrie:



I know, right? For those of you who did not immediately glance up towards the ruler, take a second look. That little sucker was over an inch long... It looks like a friggen Avocado pit! (Bonus points for those of you who immediately thought: Kerrie isn't spelled with three R's...)

I guess the real question is, to be blunt, Is this the consequence of good eating? Diets high in fat and cholesterol seem to be the top factor in all of this, so what now? Well, one source recommended what amounts to a Vegan diet. Yeah, go DIAF... Vegetarian, a step up from being vegan by eating eggs and dairy? Uh huh, why don't you EABODs. Essentially, I'm being tasked with feeding both Kerrie and I good food, without using all the "good" thing I know and love. "Beyond" brand butter flavored oil? Sadly, I shouldn't be using that anyways. And now I know I have to stop. Deep fried accompaniments to each meal? Not so much... Once in a while, and in moderation, sure... But not every night.

A lot needs to change, and I'm sure I'll figure it out. But I'll be damned if I'm going to turn Kerrie and I into weak little rabbits doing it. If I let that happen, the terrorists win.

No comments: