Sunday, May 13, 2007



It was a good weekend for me food-wise. As always, I am a firm believer in the most simple but good-quality food. Ultimately, that's the beauty of Jungle Jim's; anything I want, I can pretty much get. It acts as a muse, and I'm never running short on ideas...

Friday:

Steak Frites with Green Beans

Saturday:


Balsamic Chicken Sandwiches with Garlic Pepper Mayo & Arugala

Sunday:

BBQ Angus Burger with Tobacco Onions & Peppered Bacon


To round things out, Kerrie and I went to Graeters for breakfast yesterday then hit Sonic for dinner. Plus, this morning, we had Huevos con Chorizo for breakfast and I made a Focaccia Pizza with Pepperoni, Prosciutto, Capicolla, and Italian Sausage for dinner. I'm finally starting to feel the effects of the changing weather. It's consistently been warm here for about three weeks and that's helping me get back into "warm-weather" cooking. More grilling and lighter foods all around...

"It's gonna be a good summer..."
Robert DeNiro, Goodfellas


summerfoodiegroove:
Jane's Addiction - Ritual De Lo Habitual (Original artwork)
Backbeat - Soundtrack
Information Society - HACK
Wu Tang Clan - Wu Tang Iron Flag


No comments: