Sunday, July 10, 2005

That's the name of the game...

It's been a crazy two weeks...

We've moved, we've worked, we've played.

Truth be told, we ate a lot of takeout for the first week we were here. ("So sad..." - Kerrie) But things are now coming together, as we have found our preferred grocer, organized our kitchen, and settled into a nice relaxing cluttered mess of an apartment.

I have been keeping busy over the last two weeks by cleaning and setting up house. In the extra time I've racked up I've been baking, cooking and playing Metroid: Fusion. This week, in particular, I've made three types of ice cream, an apple crumb pie, lavender syrup, and my favorite meal ever: Flat Iron Steaks with a sherry cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and string beans tossed with olive oil. Plus I recovered the Space Jump Ability for the Varia Suit...

Last week, Kerrie and I went to see Batman Begins in IMAX. While at the theater, Kerrie had some Chunky Monkey Ice Cream and found she is allergic to yet ANOTHER type of nut. (Walnuts...) So when we got home, I looked around and came up with a decent recipe for my own Chunky Monkey. When all was said and done, Chocolate Banana goodness was enjoyed by all.

Among the other high points this week, Kerrie and I found the Cinci version of El Zarrape, had pizza at UNO, and enjoyed a leisurely evening at Sitwells drinking coffee, playing Trivial Pursuit and smoking cloves.

As things settle down, it's time for me to find a proper job and start baking full time. I've got lots of great ideas for the coming weeks and plenty of weird Cinci shit to write about... Ah Cinci, home to Riots, The Reds and Les Nessman.

2 comments:

Dr. T Bob said...

Les Nessman, ah the good old days.. he might be known for WKRP, but to me (and probably you) will forever know him as Bernard Benouili from Day of the Tentacle. Odd thing is.. I still have that game..

BGslum said...

DoT will forever be Richard Sanders' career highpoint. It's too bad LucasArts never went any further with that series. Or ever came out with Full Throttle 2 for that matter... Ah, the days of the 486DX\4-100. Glorious!