Monday, May 04, 2009

Light in your head and dead on your feet...



Last week was not awful, it really wasn't.

I just get aggravated easily. It's my thing, I'm good at it.

After the whole ER visit drama Friday night, and the breadmaker dieing in the middle of me making dough for cinnamon rolls, I found myself in a less than stellar mood.

But then again, a good cookie can totally change my overall mood. A good cookie can do a lot for me, so much so that I can count the "good" cookies I love on one hand. Yeah, I take it that seriously.

Plus a good cookie helps me think. Case in point: Tonight, while munching on a perfect Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookie, I had a "moment". You see, when it comes to the music of Gerry Rafferty I realized that Baker Street is superior in technical form to Stuck in the middle with you, but Stuck in the middle with you was used in the film Reservoir Dogs and Baker Street was in Police Academy 2. So you can see the quandary...



Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 Cup Flour
3 oz. Cocoa Powder
1/2 t Baking Soda
1/4 t salt

1/2 cup Corn Syrup
1 Egg White
1 t Vanilla

1/3 cup Sugar (Plus extra for coating)
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
6 oz melted Butter

4 oz. Mini Chocolate Chips

---

Start by sifting Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda and Salt together. Set aside.

In a second bowl, whisk Corn Syrup, Egg White, and Vanilla.

In a third larger bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together Sugar, Brown Sugar, and melted Butter until fluffy. Add Corn Syrup mixture and mix until fully incorporated.

Using a wooden spoon, mix in Flour mixture and Chocolate Chips and stir until dough comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Portion dough into desired size, roll into balls, and coat lightly with extra Sugar.

Bake at 375F for 11 minutes.

---



No comments: