Saturday, November 15, 2008

Evil Shenanigans...



Kerrie and I found a new place to get coffee today. While my Cafe au Lait was amazing, the whole experience was a bit of a letdown...



The Daily Grind is, without a doubt, one of the best places to get coffee - evar. I had, as I said, a Cafe au Lait and a Glazed Donut. The donut reminded me of the ones Grounds for Thought used to have - which were the best in Bowling Green! The Au Lait, however, was the best I've ever had. The coffee was hot, the foam was thick, and the coffee actually tasted good. I haven't enjoyed a cup of coffee that much in a loooong time. Kerrie had a Chai and a Cherry Danish. She seemed pleased, so the question remains, what was the letdown?



This place is tiny inside. They only have two small tables in a very cramped space, presumably for people to wait for their order - not for dining in. I was looking for more time to lounge around, but Kerrie and I just ate our pastries and left.

The bulk of their business is drive-through I suspect. And there is nothing wrong with that, I was just a little unprepared for the "no-room" aspect of breakfast. I'll go back too. I'll make that very clear right now. I enjoyed the coffee and pastries enough to look past the fact that it would be more comfy to eat in the car. I hope this place is doing well and holds on. It's definitely a good place for some Saturday morning caffeine. Plus, this place is in the same plaza:



If that doesn't make any sense to you, then you've never seen Super Troopers. Here...

No comments: