Sunday, November 26, 2006



Sad true culinary confession: I'm not a huge fan of seafood.

On the other hand, I love Calamari, I think Pulpo is almost perfectly delicious, and for some fuck-reason I like the taste of Squid Ink in pasta. And, like almost any other human being on the planet, I really dig shrimp.

A while back I brought home a bunch of shrimp from work and threw it in the freezer. Skip forward a few weeks and there I was trying to come up with some ideas for dinner last week. I had seen a recipe in some trade magazine and thought it sounded good, so I tweeked it a bit and... ta da!

Scampi with Cilantro Cashew Pesto over Linguini






Cilnatro Cashew Pesto
1 bunch fresh Cilantro
1/4 Cup Cashews
5 cloves Garlic, crushed
2-3 Sun Dried Tomato Slices, chopped
1 T Lemon Juice
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Scampi
16-20 Shrimp
Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, minced
White Wine for deglazing

For Pesto, combine first five ingredients in a mini-processor and work until chunky. Add Olive Oil a little at a time to form a loose paste. Season with Salt and Pepper.

For Scampi, Prepare Shrimp and wash under cold water. Heat Olive Oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add Shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add Garlic and toss well, then deglaze with White Wine. Add Pesto and toss until heated through.

Divide Shrimp\Pesto mix into two portions and serve over Linguini.

---

scampigroove:
Ann-Margret - There'll Be Some Changes Made
Eartha Kitt - If I Love Ya, Then I Need Ya
Dean Martin - Baby it's cold outside
Sammy Davis Jr. & Count Basie - She's a W-O-M-A-N

No comments: