Thursday, November 09, 2006

All the people stared as if we were both quite insane...

Baxter recently wrote an interesting post about music influencing his work.

I'm listening to Herbie Hancock, the Complete Blue Note Sessions. This is Fabulous music. It's music that speaks to your soul. The kind of groove that can reach in to those deep dark places and pull out the most intricate thought.

I too, not to be too bandwagonesque, am frequently inspired and driven by music. So much so that I have 5 very specific mixes dedicated to daily toil in any given kitchen.

Prep001 - Daily
Prep002 - Weeds
Prep003 - The Bakery Tape
Prep004 - Pastry Chef
Prep005 - Southern Fried Prep


Sometimes though, I need to dig into the stacks of vinyl I have compiled for something truly inspiring. Tonight, for instance, I felt more mellow. So I'm listening to The Hollies' "Greatest Hits", the Velvet Underground's "Andy Warhol", and Tricky's "Blowback".

Earlier this evening, during dinner, Kerrie and I listening to Van Morrison's "Tupelo Honey", Leonard Cohen's "Anthem" and the Fun Lovin' Criminals near-perfect rendering of the classic "We Have All The Time In The World".

In the end, it's gratifying to know I'm not the only borderline-obsessive individual consumed by the need for sound and rhythm to be at my creative peak.



foodiegroove:
The Hollies - Bus Stop
Brooke Benton & Dinah Washington - Baby, You've got what it takes
The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
Portishead - Strangers (Live in New York)
Bobby & Jimmy Purify - I'm Your Puppet
The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again

No comments: