Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do you or Don't you want me to love you?

Alright, because of THIS my work-week has turned to THIS.

The "plant" described in the article was none other than U.S. Foods. Yup, U.S. is our sole provider of everything from Frozen Pizza Dough and French Fries to Cilantro and Eggplant. This crap has screwed up my whole week because NO deliveries went out Monday, and the Tuesday and Wednesday deliveries didn't have ANY frozen items. This, by the way, is in addition to the generally lousy service we get from these Asshats anyways. So yeah, it was real fun trying to make every backward ass thug and hillbilly who'sah lookin' fer sum uh that there high'er ed-ya-kay-shun understand that NO FOOD DELIVERY = LIMITED FOOD SERVICE. And NO, dumbass, we CAN'T send someone to the grocery store for some Soy Milk.

I suppose it's my own fault, too. I order mean and lean. If we don't need it, I don't order it. I don't over order and I never let stock build up. Hmmm... It's weird but since our Exec left for his Chemotherapy and I started doing ALL of the ordering, FLC and Inventory cost have dropped by almost 20%. Hmmm...

Moving on...

Tonight I made Linguini and Arugala with Fennel & Cabernet Tomato Sauce. It is a chilly rainy crappy night here in Cinci so a good bottle of wine and a plate of pasta never seems to fail me.





Recently, Kerrie and I have been enjoying a variety of wines from Wisteria Cellars. Basically, a good wine for a good price that holds up well for drinking and cooking. I write more about them as we sift through the stock. Yay!

amonnialeakgroove:
The Beatles - Helter Skelter
Misfits - Night of the Living Dead
Massive Attack - Protection
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Bad Reputation

No comments: