Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Country DJs KNOW that I'm an outlaw...

The "heat" has returned to Cinci, so tonight I think there will be quality Pool-Time followed by a nice Tapas style meal...

Garlic & White Truffle Toasted Baguette w/ Gorgonzola Sauce
Flat Iron Filets w/ Balsamic Vinegar & Mixed Herbs
Romain Hearts w/ Provolone and Balsamic vinaigrette
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream w/ Port Wine Syrup


I really like the filets. They are inspired by a dish from Cafe Felix called Bistec la Pincho, and they are one of my favorite things in the world to eat. The flavor is sharp and unmistakable, truly amazing.

Speaking of being amazed, I've been noticing lately that there are more and more recipe's involving Kangaroo popping up everywhere I look. I recently read a recipe in Culinary Trends magazine for Kangaroo Carpaccio. That's right folks! The only thing better than eating Roo's Mommy is eating Roo's Mommy RAW!
Jungle Jim's actually offers Kangaroo meat, but it seems a little impractical to me. Mostly because of the price, I think, but also because Kangaroo meat seems to be a turn-off round'bout these here parts.

None the less, enjoy this article:

Russians LOVE the Roo!

No comments: