Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why say something nice when you can tell the truth?



I realized, recently, that it's been almost a month since I last posted.

There is no excuse. I used to be able to go to Howard's, get loaded, and spout off some truly inspirational crap. Now? Well, now I get sleepy real early and need to go nighty-night.

That is, without a doubt, pretty freekin' weak.

It's made me realize I miss a lot of things from BG. A night out at Cohen & Cooke, a Brown Jug at Trotters, or a heap of waffle fries from Mr. Spots... One of the things I may never have actually revealed from my former life on the inside, was my love of the French Onion Steak Sandwich from Easy Street.

I miss it so much, I felt compelled to make it for dinner last night. There is nothing quite as comforting as a fuck-huge sammich of Steak and Provolone with some perfectly caramelized onions.




Served up with a simple au jus and a pile of potato chips, this and a bottle of some cheap red wine made for a damn fine meal.

No comments: