Saturday, May 31, 2008

Stoppin' off that the truck-stop "Earth", lookin' for some food to eat...



Kerrie and I officially began our epic BBQ-gauntlet for the summer yesterday.

As previously stated, I want to hit as many different BBQ places this summer as possible. I'm sure plenty of people will be chiming in on the topic of authentic BBQ, but try and take it easy. My goal is simply to eat as much pork and beef as possible.

So, last night Kerrie and I went to Rib City Grill just outside Jungle Jim's.

First off, I was expecting something "else". More of a sports-bar thing, maybe? It was actually a very nice, home-style BBQ restaurant. So right off the bat, I was happy with my surroundings.

The food was amazing. Everything was perfect in a way I wasn't used to in most restaurants. The manager came out and talked to us about their different sauces, the price wasn't outrageous, and the portions were ample. All this, plus the food tasted great.

I had the Rib Tips with Corn, French Fries and Garlic Toast. The tips were smoked and very tender then finished with a brown sugar bbq sauce. I was in heaven...

Kerrie had the BBQ Pork Sandwich which was similar to the pork I had, but she added her own sauce.





All in all, this may not have been the best place for me to start this epic lil' journey at because I really dig this place. Now I'm going to be comparing everyone else to these guys, plus I'll be wanting to go back - often.

Shit.


retrogroove:
Mojo Nixon - UFO's, Big Rigs & BBQ
Spin Doctors - Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
MC Brains - Oochie Coochie
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
Faith No More - Epic
Ted Nugent - Free for All

1 comment:

Caleb said...

FUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!

I want BBQ now.