Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snow Day 2: Electric Boogaloo



This weekend we had a blizzard here in Cincinasty. What started out as 3-to-5 inches of snow turned into 10-to-15 inches of snow with 40mph winds blowing it all over the place. (hehehe... "blowing it"...)

What's odd for me is that this is the first blizzard I can actually remember witnessing. I was around for '78 but I wasn't even 3 yet. This storm, aside from the drive home from work, was not that bad. It didn't seem that bad. In fact, Kerrie pointed out that it felt like a regular heavy snow from Bowling Green.




Nonetheless, we took advantage of being home and just enjoyed doing nothing. Well, not nothing exactly. We played video games, watched episodes of Men Behaving Badly, and ate the good stuff.





On Friday we had Rib Eye Steaks with Straw Fries with a nice bottle of Merlot for dinner. After a romp in the snow and a rousing snowball fight on Saturday, Kerrie and I came back to the apartment for some Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa. For dinner I baked Bread Bowls and made some classic Cosmo's-esque Tomato Basil Soup.

Now that it's all winding down, I have to go out and clean off the cars and think about replenishing the grocery supply. Being outside yesterday, though, brought back a slew of good feelings from the past. Back when a huge snowfall was something fun... Now when it snows, I have to navigate 19 miles of idiots and highway. I don't get to really enjoy the fresh white blanket of snow that everyone else is out playing in. But, as I've said before, this is why I love the winter. Snow leads to a fire in the fireplace, plenty of wine in the glass, and all that great cold-weather food I neglect during the scorching Summer months. Nope, it's really not that bad...

No comments: