Saturday, March 04, 2006

You got me sick as a dog...

Foodborne Illnesses suck.

I know, because I just spent the last 48 hours in the most miserable pain known to man. Simply put, I made a nice pan roasted chicken for dinner Thursday night and within an hour of eating - it had all come back up.

As I think back to all the events of the day, I've pegged a few variables down that might have contributed to my sickness. Nonetheless, I'm convinced it was the chicken...

For starters,I had to run up to the Day Care center with food for the brats. Those little mutants ALWAYS have some sort of sickness rolling around.

Next, the burger and fries I ate for lunch was slightly suspect. At least in retrospect they were. As I was vomiting uncontrollably Thursday night I noticed many chunks of undigested French Fries.

Finally, there was the chicken. Fryer Quarters, thawed in the refridgerator and roasted for an hour and a half. I must have washed my hands 10 or 15 times while I was working on the meal, but it only takes one time to screw things up.

I've had this once before, as I'm sure Troy might recall, and this felt exactly the same. The give away, in my opinion, is the repeated vomiting even after your system has been entirely cleaned out. (About once an hour...)

So yeah. The last few days have sucked. Today I had eggs and toast and managed to keep it all down, and last night Kerrie made me some soup that stuck with me, so I'm on the mend. Unfortunately, I'm still extremely tired and very sore from all the heaving. (sigh) Food Baddies can't win 'em all, eh?



1 comment:

Dr. T Bob said...

Last time if I recall, you were calling out to Jesus inbetween violent fits of heaving. Glad to hear you're feeling better though, now it's time to start drinking heavy!!