Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Leave my curl alone...

Yesterday I made Fajita Steak Salads for dinner.

Nothing fancy, really. A bed of chopped Romain and Cilantro on a lightly warmed tortilla with a marinated flat iron steak. Simple.

What struck me as really amazing was the taste of the steak. The steak was perfect. For anyone who's ever been to El Zarrape in Bowling Green, or Acapulco here in Cinci, the taste was damned near dead-on for their fajitas. The weird part of all of this was that I was looking for a good -(ahem) SIMPLE- marinade recipe for these two steaks I had and just happened to stumble across it in a side-bar on some web page. Trust me on this folks, you can NOT go wrong with this recipe.

Enjoy!

---
Lime Marinade for Fajitas
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1 T Soy Sauce
1 T Molasses
1 T Chopped Cilantro Leaves
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1/2 t Cumin
1/2 t Chili Powder
1/2 t Black Pepper
1 t Salt
---

6000fajitasgroove
Hi-C - Leave my Curl Alone
Prodigy - Baby's got a Temper
P.O.D. - BOOM (Crystal Method Remix)
Cast Recording - So Long and Thanks for all the fish (Hitchhikers Guide)
Dream Club 4.0

No comments: