Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me...

If you told me, one year ago, that I would be where I am now - I would have laughed myself silly, then kicked you in the nuts for messing with me.

None the less, one year ago today I met Kerrie for the first time. It was a cool October evening and we met at Cohen & Cooke for wine, a cheese plate and to see Billy and Russel Martin play an acoustic set. Kristy and Tom came out, Billy and Russel did that awful "Edmund Fitzgerald" cover we all hate, and I was told "...It takes a special guy to rock the tie!"

One thing leads to another, and one year later Kerrie and I are in Cinci together starting new and better lives together...

So to celebrate the first year, this weekend has been a food baddie spectacular. To start, we had a quiet 4-course dinner at home Friday night. I started with a beautiful Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup followed by a fairly classic Caesar Salad, then the entree plate of Beef Filets with Rosemary Demi Glace and Garlic Smashed Potatoes. The fourth plate, dessert, was an enticing and decadent Chocolate Molten Cake with Raspberry Coulis and Chocolate Sauce. We had a very nice 2002 Claret to go with the meal and it was amazing.

For dinner last night, Kerrie and I went to a nice French Bistro in Glendale called The Grand Finale. The food was exceptional! We each had strip steaks with Caesar Salads, mine done Au Poiver. Before we left, we were given complimentary Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake. Life, as they say, is good...

And Today is the day. It's funny how time slips away so quickly, but at least in this case I've enjoyed every second of it. One year -and a few hundred wonderful meals- later life is making sense to me. God, it feels good.

Love ya Kerrie. Love ya bunches...

OneYearGroove:
Dean Martin - The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
Bobby Darin - More
Daft Punk - Something About Us
Zimpala - New Home

The Grand Finale

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Congrats you guys! You're such an excellent couple and you both deserve the best - each other!