Monday, June 06, 2005

I need somebody to shove...

Prep work is the backbone of any good food experience.

No matter who you are or what you do, you need to do the prep work first. But prep work, also know as Mise en place, is repetitive and time consuming. That's why it's important to always have a good mix tape on hand. I have one mix tape right now that's made up of nothing but Punk Rock and Drum'n'Bass which is perfect for chopping veggies or doing taters.

I've been making mix tapes for as long as I can remember. Road trips, kitchen work, exercising... I've got one for every occasion. I remember the lazy days of high school where Troy and I would make specific mixes for whatever reason, or when Mike Garcia and I would trade our custom mixes back and forth. Heck, some of my best stuff was done while I was at Cosmo's. (I've grown quite fond of a smooth chill out CD...)

But now I'm working on a new Prep Mix. And thanks to the advent of MP3's and my glorious MiniDisc recorder, I've got a great set ready to go...

Prep Mix #001
Iggy Pop - Repo Man (Instrumental)
Rolling Stones - Rip This Joint
Rhythm Heritage - Theme from S.W.A.T
Tomayasu Hotei - Battle without the Honor of Humanity
Crystal Method - Vapor Trail
Soul Asylum - Somebody to Shove
Deckwrecka - Sycosis
AC\DC - TNT
Crystal Method - PHD
Daft Punk - Robot Rock
Overseer - Horn Dog
Elton John - Saturday is Alright for Fightin'
CKY - Flesh into Gear
Cuba - Cross the Line
Mirwais - Disco Science
Iggy & the Stooges - No Fun
Fluke - Atombomb
Crystal Method - Name of the Game
N.E.R.D. - Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix)
The Vines - Ride
Fatboy Slim - Yamama
Oasis - F**kin' in the Bushes
Elmer Bernstein - Staccato's Theme (Happening at Waldo's Remix)
The Misfits - Hybrid Moments
Jim Carroll Band - People who Died
Sex Pistols - My Way

This is just a basic idea for you. I actually have a lot more music to sift through and decide on. But what I listed above is a lite version mixed together for maximum coherency. (I need to find places for Oakenfold and The Propellerheads yet...)

Food Baddies need to groove. Buhleedat.

No comments: