Thursday, June 23, 2005

Born just a little too slow...

Well, I finished out my two weeks at the Grill. I'm amazed as I might be the first person to ever leave without being fired or because of a prison sentence.

It was a quiet and simple exit yesterday. I trained Nick and Sasha on how to make a killer Strawberry Rhubarb pie, made some Gazpacho, and said goodbye to all the regulars.

Although, to be honest, the day was kinda wonky. Our payroll didn't show up, then there was a surprise visit from the Health Dept, and a bag of trash I was carrying to a dumpster broke all over the sidewalk. I was a little raw yesterday, now that I think of it...

I missed Cooking Under Fire last night. I really like that show for a variety of reasons. It's more focused on the talents of all the chefs involved, but then again, I would expect nothing less from PBS. On a similar note, I fucking HATE Hells Kitchen. For those of you from Lakota, that's not how a kitchen runs. When people stress out and yell a lot, that's when muhfuhs get their asses bagged with a Snoopy blanket and beaten with a Louisville slugger. Then again, I would expect nothing less from Fox. Although CUF is a reality series, it's so much more in depth. It feels real - the arguments, the failures, the accomplishments, the FOOD!

On a food tip, I'm thinking of what Kerrie and I will be eating for dinner next week and further on...

Chicken with Coffee Barbecue Sauce
Coffee Granita with Kahluah Whipped Cream
Lime Seared Flank Steak Fajitas
Flat Iron filets Wrapped in Prosciutto
"Creamsicle" Cake
Bar-B-Q Chicken Pizza

There is a kick ass grocery store in Cinci called Jungle Jim's. I've been there a few times before, but until just this week, I never realized how extensive their stock is. It's a world market with a full selection of cheeses, wines, and cigars in addition to their amazing meat and produce selection. Strong...

Today I'm listening to The Hollies Greatest Hits. Carrie-Anne and The Air That I Breath have been heard more than once today...

Jungle Jim's

No comments: