Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Galaxy is at Peace...



Kerrie thinks I'm obsessed. And yeah, she's probably right.

All things considered, no other video game franchise has captured my attention so completely. Further more, no other video game franchise has entertained me so completely. I'm speaking, of course, of Metroid.

Metroid, released almost 22 years ago, was one of the few games for the original NES that I was truly fascinated with. It was expansive, exploratory game play and I loved the story: Space Bounty Hunter out to destroy a big creepy brain and her life-sucking pets.

Many years later, while on the clock at Cosmo's, I devoted a shload of time to defeating Metroid: Fusion. Then came Metroid: Zero Mission. Then I backtracked a little. I got a nifty emulator and worked on Super Metroid. I've even been trying to crack the Prime series, though not with much luck.

So yeah, you can imagine the geek-orgasm I had when I saw the previews for next year's Metroid: Other M. Being the geek I am, the only logical thing to do was bake cupcakes.







Stemage - Metroid Metal - The Theme
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments: