Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Burbank's Real Barbeque



Kerrie and I had dinner at Burbank's Real Barbeque last night.

It was a lazy, early dinner too. The place was pretty dead, which is usually the sign of death, but the food was impressive.

Kerrie had the Pulled Pork sandwich. I had the Hickory Smoked Brisket, and I have to say that I was seriously happy after tasting it. Last year, Kerrie and I ate at another local BBQ joint and I had the brisket. The smoked brisket... It was sub-par at best. The smoke was, very obviously, Liquid Smoke. While I'm not offended by the use of liquid smoke in general cooking, to try and pass it off as authentic BBQ and charge out the ass for it is despicable. So last night, when I bit into that perfectly tender Brisket, the smoke flavor filled me with joy. It was real...







The meal was reasonably priced, the service was good, and the food was excellent. I certainly look forward to going back, possibly on a night when they do live music. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a much better meal.

No comments: