Monday, February 04, 2008

WE WANT FUN...



I love the Super bowl. I love it because of all the Weapons Grade Idiots who make empty New Years resolutions to eat better and work out, then gorge themselves on the most obscenely awful food known to man, disbanding all hope of ever getting into shape.

Saddly, I am one of those idiots. Well, kinda... I consider Christmas-to-Superbowl an eating season of it's own. And lets be honest, who wants to miss out on all of the fatty, salty, fryee, junky, yummy goodness that legally stretches from about December 1'st through the day of the Super bowl? (If you really wanna get crazy you could throw Valentines in as the end-all, be-all of gluttony)

I consider my self to be an idiot because I made that same goal of better health, but I consider myself a forward thinker because I knew there was no way in hell that I was going to start on any of it till after "the Feast".

Today, I began my new exercise routine and I started eating better at work. Those are the two main things I have to commit to. I have to because of last night...






It was mind bending how badly we eat last night, and how much we loved it. Fried Chicken Drums, Celery and 3 Cheese Ranch Dressing, Queso & Chips, Waffle Fries, Onion Rings and JalapeƱo Poppers, and because Kerrie is on antibiotics and can't drink: Chocolate Stout Cake.




Very possibly the softest and moistest cake ever baked, it was so rich I couldn't finish my piece.

God, what an amazing meal.


---

Chocolate Stout Cake

1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Guinness Stout
6 oz. Raisins, soaked overnight in Creme de Cacao
3 1/2 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1/4 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Kosher Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1 t Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350F and prepare appropriate baking pans.

Drain Raisins, and puree to a fine paste.

Bring beer to a boil in a small sauce pan then add raisin paste. Set aside.

In another sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.

Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl.

In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until thick. Add chocolate mixture and continue to beat until just combined. Add flour mixture and continue to beat until just combined. Finally, add beer/raisin mixture until just combined.

Divide batter into two pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

---


no,thepatsDIDN'Twingroove
Andrew WK - We Want Fun
She is Beautiful
Party Hard
Chris Classic - Unleashed
Cake - Short Skirt, Long Jacket
Crystal Method - Born too slow

No comments: