Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm a believer...

This has been a good week, so far...

I have to work Sunday, and I'm not too impressed with that. I've settled into a nice rut and I don't like it when things get shaken up. Nonetheless, money is money and doing a good job secures more money. Yes, that is EXACTLY how I see it...

This week has been good for the food-stuff. Last night I made some Bourbon Street Country Ribs with French Fried Sweet Potatoes to go with the taped episodes of House, M.D. Kerrie and I needed to catch up on, and tonight we had Ricotta Stuffed Ravioli with a Creamy Sun Dried Tomato & Rosemary Sauce. I love Sun Dried Tomatoes, it's just a shame I don't use them more often. I keep a jar of them on hand at all times though for various reasons...

Creamy Sun Dried Tomato & Rosemary Sauce
5 or 6 Slices of Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped fine
1 Sprig Rosemary, chopped fine
1 Shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Cup dry white wine
2/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Start by heating some olive oil in a 8-inch skillet over med-low heat. Add garlic, shallot, and rosemary and cook until fragrant. (DO NOT BURN!) Add wine and Sun Dried Tomatoes and cook until reduced by 75%. Add heavy cream and cook until just thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Goes well with just about any pasta.


Tomorrow I'll be making Flat Iron Steaks with a Parsnip Puree and Lightly Sauted String Beans, so I'm looking forward to that. Speaking of things I'm looking forward to... Anthony Bourdain's new book, The Nasty Bits will be out on the 16'th of May. Also, season 3 of Scrubs will be out on the 9'th of May. So May holds a lot of media-goodness for me.

Now although I don't ever deviate from my normal food-related content, I feel it is extremely important for Jeb and Edwards to see THIS. Watch it at home boys, and laugh, and... just... yeah.


"Something that smells that good should not come from a kitchen that small..."
- Kerrie's Mom

spiritoftruthgroove
BT - Believer
Misfits - You Belong To Me
Andrew WK - She is Beautiful
Crystal Method - Community Service II

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Take that guy, and Jay's peg leg comment, and you get this

Matt said...

Here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WsHWErTpkM&search=coachella%202006