Wednesday, February 01, 2006

You can steal my sunshine...

Finally, today, I did something cool in the kitchen. I've been making the same type of things over and over for almost a month now with no real inspiration coming down the pipeline. I've been listening to a lot of Barry White, Crystal Method, and Piss Artists lately just to keep me motivated to actually cook once I get home from work. It's what we in the "Walking-Upright" world like to call: A Rut.

Today, however, I made something new and interesting. Today, I made the base for Serendipity's infamous Frozen Hot Chocolate. Although trendy and obvious, it was still a great feeling to be standing over the stove melting chocolate and preparing this base. Plus, it reminded me why I want to be a pastry chef.

So much work to do, and so very little time. Thankfully, today was a productive day. I got my FHC started, baked a loaf of White Truffle\Peppered Foccacia, and made Salami, Pepperoni & Provolone stuffed calzones. All in all, a pretty good day...

Finally, I wish I had the balls -when I was in BG- to do this: Speakeasy Cuisine

freeezeegroove:
Len - Steal My Sunshine
Piss Artists - I Want You back
Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe

For The Seafood Lover In You...

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm so excited that you're going to podcast! Let me know when the first episode goes up :)

And congrats on the promotion!

Matt said...

I don't know if it would fit the vibe you're looking for, but that Dylan song from Lebowski would be pretty chill to start off your podcast with.