Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Show Must Go On...

First off, let me say: Fuck Fox Broadcasting.

Yeah, I said it. By yanking Kitchen Confidential and Arrested Development, I have come to fully hate Rupert Murdoch. Sure, he probably had no direct involvement with these two brilliant shows being cancelled but like a true American - I'll just blame him.

My Name is Rupert, I like little boys!

As I am in mourning, I shall do what most of us do when we grieve: I'll eat.

This week I have some really great things on tap for dinner. Most notably will be Friday night: Flat Iron Steaks with Amber Bock Reduction. (Have I ever mentioned my affection for Flat Irons?) Also this week: Pork Chops with Mushroom\Dill Cream Sauce.

At this point in the year I'd like to be doing some good hearty comfort food, but the weather hasn't really been cooperating. (Right now it's 71 degrees and we have a Tornado Watch in effect) Tonight I made a really good Boeuf Bourgignon, and last night we had Baked Penne with Chiffonade Romain tossed with my own homemade Parmesan Peppercorn Sauce. I guess, at this point in the year, my body is ready for crappy and cold weather. At this point in the year, I was thinking about a fire in the fireplace, drinking lots of Burgundy, and eating heavy and delicious comfort food.

For tonight, we're watching the skies for swirlycloudythingys and drinking Caucasians. The Dude Abides...

---
Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing

3/4 Cup Mayo
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 t Sugar
1 1/2 t Coarse Ground Pepper
1/4 Cup Milk
Dash Balsamic Vinegar

Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk until smooth. Cover and Chill.
---


tornadicgroove:
The Show Must Go On - Three Dog Night
She's a Lady - Tom Jones
Should I Stay or Should I Go? - The Clash

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blame you for not being randomly solicited to participate in the Neilsen program. No, wait...

I blame Gee Lopes.

Matt said...

BRING BACK GEE LOPES!!!!!!!!!!

BGslum said...

Gentlemen, we need to put that man back in the Pulpit...

Matt said...

Jeb loves Hawthorne Heights, and little boys.