Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm down on Peppyrock Street...

It was a good weekend for the food lover in me. (I hope that phrase doesn't get me sued...)

Instead of Ann Arbor, which WILL still happen, Kerrie and I went to Poco Piatti Saturday night. Their food is intense! Personally, I love the grilled baby lamb chops. They're perfectly cooked and have a delicate flavor I could probably only wish to re-create here at home. Among other delights there was Calamari, Saganaki Kasseri (Cheese that's on FIRE!), Spidini Misti (Skewered Pork, Chicken and Lamb.) and of course, Chocolate Creme Brulee and Turkish Coffee. A-fuck-Mazing!

Poco Piatti

Sunday night, Kerrie and I stayed in so I could make a cheesecake and a Mayo Cake. (Yes, Virgina, there IS mayo in it...) I also made a red wine caramel sauce and screwed it up. It needed a measly quarter-cup of water more than I added, so I wound up with a piece of caramel rather than a syrup.

Tonight, however, will be good night too. I'm going to go a little more "inventive" this evening... Grilled Endive with Prosciutto, Lemon Saffron Linguni and a nice balsamic vinegar and olive oil drizzle. I'm going for a lighter approach to my summer cooking. Should be nice...

1 comment:

Dr. T Bob said...

mMMmm Mayo Cake.. ::drool::

How's aboot the receipe? ;)